Saturday, June 25, 2005

Car vs inertia

It’s really very simple, I just saw a car crash. That’s one way of putting it. I could describe it in detail, go on at length about the moment the driver lost control and the car (red) slewed across the road before recounting how when it hit the lamp-post what surprised me most was that the lamp-post hardly moved at all but the car seemed to fold into it before rebounding slightly. In fact I already have. So that’s it really. Today is a sunny day, it’s very warm and the air is gentle on my arms. I think I saw a man die today but I can’t be sure because the ambulance men arrived quickly and they were very professional and efficient about it all. They had him safely stowed in the back of their wagon in a matter of moments, and then they were gone. The siren was loud, and is still audible now. The car is a mess,the left headlight has popped out like an eye and sits on the pavement, I might take it home as a souvenir. I am eating a cider-flavour ice lolly. I only mention this because I haven’t eaten an ice lolly in years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home